Saturday 12 July 2014

WOODCHIP DRESS WITH BOW


This fabric reminds me so much of the grain lines in wood, so I decided to call it my WOODCHIP DRESS. 
This fabric is a soft flowy rayon which was combined with a gold matte linen.
Again, a basic bodice was used and a strip of the matte linen was sewn onto the bodice at the waist and then topstiched (like an inset belt) to add a special touch. I extended the shoulder length by about 1 inch resulting in a soft faux sleeve on her shoulders. This is a size 4T.

Please ignore the pin in the back of the bodice , my model had popped in unexpectedly and the dress had not yet been completed with the buttons. With that said, I decided to add this pop of colour to the back because (you guessed it, if you have been reading my blog long enough) the woodchip fabric was not enough so I had to improvise.

I am still learning about fabric and how they behave. I constantly document my findings in my sewing journal for future references.