Sunday 29 June 2014

SUNSHINE BUBBLE DRESS

Sewing is such a rewarding craft. You never know what you will get when you pick up a fabric and make something out of it. I have been staring at this yellow chiffon for months - having no idea what to do with it. I was so tired of seeing it I decided I must try something.
So I thought, what could I make with a flowy fabric? A bubble dress of course!

I totally winged this one and was so sure it would not go well because 1)  I had slippery fabric, and 2) it was late and I was tired but not sleepy.

My only regret is that I used purple elastic to make the bubble and it kinda darkens the hem of the dress. I lined the dress with yellow pongee. 

I made this in a size 3T using my old favourite bodice pattern:






UPDATE : JULY 12 2014 - here is my niece trying on the dress for me. She is actually a 4T but a skinny one. As you can see the dress is a bit snug (and short)  because of the size difference but it still fits.