Wednesday 18 June 2014

A SIMPLE BODICE DRESS REVIEW - EASY BEGINNER DRESS

When I started sewing in 2012 I had two go to patterns . This one I am blogging about now and The Little Dress by Pat Bravo. I found them so easy because my old sewing machine had neither a zipper nor a button hole foot (what a crime!) and I did not know how to put in either of them anyway.
So, I found it easy to use The Child Summer Frock Free Pattern on Burdastyle (also can be found elsewhere on the internet). As I started to get "better" at sewing, I started to make loop hole buttonholes (as shown on the orange dress) 
This dress was a little challenging with the hidden lined seam but if I can overcome it, then anybody can. Here are the final products:

Back View

Front View - The dress bodice is cotton and the skirt is polyster silk. It has a bow and sash