Thursday 23 July 2015

PATTERN REVIEW: Cecily Rose by Pollywoggles Patterns.

This dress by Pollywoggles Patterns  is awesome!!
 I love it some much because, guess what  - Its Reversible! And it is not! Uhmm...what??? .
 Heidi the designer has included two full photo illustrations and instructions for you to make the dress either reversible or non reversible  (like a normal dress). And to top it off a headband pattern has also been included to totally complete  the outfit.
I was honoured to test Heidi's  lovely pattern and found it to be such a remarkable achievement on my part. But what was even more humbling is that my niece would not take the dress off. It is full of circle skirt twirl factor , and is made up of her favourite colour - the colour purple (at least half of it anyway).
But before I get lost into my own humdrum about my achievements, let me tell you that this pattern is super easy to put together. It does not take a rocket scientist to figure it out. It is well written with lots of pictures and one section of the instructions even has a video tutorial , making the entire process super easy to understand. The dress has an elastic waist (at the back)  and ties in the back bodice. No buttons or zippers are included ( if that is where your fear lies) . It is  easy to get on or off and can be dressed up or down depending on fabric choices. And speaking about fabric choices - I think choosing fabric  is the hardest part of making this dress. I am certain that you will enjoy making it.When done join Heidi's Facebook Group and show off your creations!